getting you from point A to point B in style

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Exterior Detail on a Volkswagen Jetta

I found the following pictures while cleaning up my picture library. This is a 2003 Jetta that I owned for over six years. This was right before I traded it in towards the end of winter. The exterior was covered in dirt, salt, and sand.



The wheels and tires weren't too bad. This is because aftermarket wheels were always on this car except during the winter.


I always start with the wheel areas first. They take the biggest beating the road has to offer. Here, I have three separate chemicals working on the tires, wheels, and wheel wells. I spy aftermarket suspension!


This car has been clayed countless times so there were very few contaminents in the paint. Needless to say, the washing process was easy. The car was dried then it was on to the wax.

Meguiar's NXT wax is always my "go to" for light colored cars. It can be applied by hand and removed very easily if applied correctly. The results are stunning too!


The following shows the wax worked in the paint. I usually let the wax sit for a while to give it a chance to really bond to the paint.




All done! It's off to the dealership. It is always extremely beneficial to get your car detailed before a trade in. You are saving the dealership time, money, and the effort to have someone else do it. This in turn increases your car's resale value.

Can you believe she has 130,000 miles on her?!





Thanks for looking!







No comments:

Post a Comment